How detox baths can speed up the weight loss process
August 16. 2021
Although detox baths have been around for quite a while, many people have recently discovered numerous health benefits from implementing them. They’re typically made by mixing Epsom salt with other rejuvenating ingredients and a few drops of essential oils. Such detox baths promote relaxation, overall wellness, and weight loss, which is why they’re now growing in popularity.
You may be wondering how exactly a bath can cause weight loss, which is why we’ll start by explaining how detoxification aids other processes in your body.
For instance, if you’re putting effort into following a healthy diet, but your body is full of toxins, it won’t be capable of absorbing all of the essential nutrients properly, and you may end up feeling like you’re shooting in the dark. Since toxins are often built up in the liver, they can severely damage this organ and disable your metabolism from functioning correctly. That’s when a detox bath should step in and provide a firm ground for all the nutrients, minerals, and vitamins you’re taking to absorb as they should (for example, they help you make phentermine more effective). In addition to that, Epsom salt, which is the base ingredient for pretty much every detox bath, does so much for your body, including:
- Reduces inflammation throughout your body, allowing your weight loss efforts to be successful,
- Provides you with magnesium,
- Relieves cramps and soreness,
- Promotes sleep,
- Reduces pain and swelling.
Lastly, detox baths are genuinely relaxing. Managing your stress levels when trying to lose weight goes a long way and enables you to make the right food choices.
Bentonite Clay Detox Bath
Bentonite clay is a highly absorbent natural substance formed by volcanic ash, and it is truly a star of this detox bath for weight loss. Because it is negatively charged, it can absorb and eliminate the positively charged substances (such as heavy metals) from your body, and that’s what makes it a highly potent detoxifier. Clay detox baths have been used for centuries since people noticed how clay promotes overall wellness and detox.
Another ingredient in this detox bath is baking soda, which is very alkalizing to your body and has detoxifying and cleansing properties. To prepare this powerful detox bath, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups Epsom salt,
- 1 cup baking soda,
- ¼ cup bentonite clay, and
- Ten to fifteen drops of lavender oil (which promotes relaxation).
Hydrogen Peroxide Detox Bath
This next detox bath for weight loss is genuinely refreshing, with its main ingredient being hydrogen peroxide. We all know and love it since it treats all sorts of ailments. It has both antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. In addition to that, it is highly oxygenizing thanks to its extra oxygen molecule. It can therefore boost your immune system, energize your cells and quickly break down any toxins. To prepare this fantastic detox bath, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup Epsom salt,
- 1 cup hydrogen peroxide, and
- Ten to fifteen drops of Palmarosa oil, which is fantastic for your skin.
Tea tree oil and lavender detox bath
To make yourself a bath that is both detoxifying and soothing, we suggest you use the regular 1 cup of Epsom salt and add up to ten drops of both lavender and tea tree essential oils. Lavender has been used for centuries to encourage restful sleep and help relieve stress, and it is one of the gentlest essential oils out there. Tea tree oil has antifungal, antibacterial, and detoxifying solid properties. To upgrade your bath even further, you can add some lavender flowers for a truly meditative experience.
How to take detox baths for weight loss the right way
Last but far from the least, we’d like to cover some essential cornerstones of proper bathing. You may think there’s not much preparation needed prior to taking a bath, but we believe these tips will definitely help you get the most out of each detox bath you take:
- If you have concerns regarding the ingredients listed above, talk to a health professional before making a detox bath.
- The warmer the water – the better (as long as you’re comfortable). Don’t make it too hot, though.
- Make sure you have a bottle of water near you when you enter the bath, and sip it continually as long as you’re in the bathtub. The warm water will make you sweat and can cause dehydration, so it would be best to sip on it.
- It would be best if you stayed in the tub for at least 20 minutes, but no longer than 30 minutes. That way, you’ll get all the benefits from the ingredients and prevent getting lightheaded or feeling off.
- Feel free to bring a cold towel and use it to cool down your face in case you get too hot.
- Let your body cool off after you’ve gone out of the bathtub. It’s not recommended to take these detox baths at least ninety minutes prior to going to bed. It’s also recommendable to be moderate and have one detox bath for weight loss each week, or every other week, depending on your personal preferences.
Although detox baths (by themselves) for weight loss won’t take those pounds away after you soak in, they can be a fantastic tool to speed up your weight loss process, detoxify your body and improve your overall well-being. The ingredients used in the baths we listed above are beneficial in numerous ways, and they go beyond weight loss – they support your body’s detox systems. They can boost metabolism, improve nutrient absorption, ease constipation, and be a healthy substitution for emotional overeating, promoting relaxation and destress. These detox baths also help you recover and reduce cramps and soreness and support your regular physical activity. Lastly, they can also be used to help you maintain your current weight, so if you are interested in how to maintain weight loss after hCG diet, detox baths might be your companion. In case you have any uncertainties regarding detox baths or need additional information and ideas, don’t hesitate to contact our weight loss clinic Chicago.
ABW Daily Deals
View Our Current Deals
Save On A Better Weigh Products And Services Or Purchase A Gift Card.Find Out More