5 Amazing Fasting Mimicking Diet Recipes
May 5. 2021
Fasting represents just one of the utterly usual parts of our lives. It’s been a practice for many centuries as part of certain religious rituals and traditions. Nowadays, the meaning of fasting has transformed, aiming it at a different goal; people use it to enhance their weight loss. Since diets that involve fasting typically require cutting down on calorie intake, it’s useful to learn some fasting mimicking diet recipes.
Overeating, or constantly consuming processed food, sugars and more proteins than needed is a surefire way to slow down your metabolism and potentially develop health issues. The Fast Mimicking Diet (FMD) could help you lose weight, but more importantly, it’s there to help you feel better in your body. It’s also known as a 5-day low-calorie diet, which aims to trick your body practically into thinking it is experiencing a full fast, while you’re still eating certain foods.
Generally speaking, fasting is also used to complement other weight loss solutions, such as HCG and ketosis, since it can speed up the fat-burning process.
If you want to know more and learn some interesting Fasting Mimicking Diet Recipes, continue reading.
How Does FMD Work?
You are probably asking what the point of FMD is? Well, the whole concept looks like this:
- You have to eat 0.36 grams of protein per kg of body weight every day, mainly deriving them from plant-based food and fish. You’ll also need to use an omega-3 supplement and multivitamin twice a week.
- Day 1: Your total calorie amount should be 1100. Keep in mind that 500 calories need to be from complex carbohydrates(tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, etc.). The other 500 calories should be healthy fats(nuts, olive oil, avocado) and 25 grams from plant-based protein(primarily nuts).
- Day 2-5: 800 calories total, composed of 400 calories of complex carbohydrates and 400 from healthy fats.
- Eat less than 30 grams of sugar on day one and less than 20 grams on days 2-5.
- If you need it, include an insulin powder supplement that increases the feeling of satiation.
- Stay well-hydrated – aim for a minimum of two or three liters of water per day. Here is our advice: Try to avoid vigorous exercises and heavy lifting, and leave your body enough energy to create stem cells.
- Day 6 is called transition day. That’s the final part of FMD. You should take in plenty of complex carbs without calorie restrictions but still keep meat, eggs, and dairy products to a minimum.
Fasting Mimicking Diet Recipes
When it comes to food preparation, opinions are divided. If you want to save your time or don’t want to cook, the best choice is to buy some pre-made meals. It’s not the cheapest solution, but you really don’t need to think about your meals if you’re buying, rather than making them.
On the other hand, if you want to prepare your food, you’ll definitely love the recipes that go well with MDR diet plans which we’ve included below.
It’s pretty tough to be exact with your calorie count, so there is a high chance that you’ll be a little above or a little below the exact 1100 or 800 calories a day. The solution could be using a kitchen scale to weigh ingredients so you can calculate your calorie consumption.
Here comes the thrilling part for those who want to experiment with preparing their food- these are five quick and easy Fasting Mimicking Diet Recipes:
- Summer Vegetable Salad with Rice Cakes
- 6 oz fresh tomatoes
- 6 oz fresh cucumber
- 2 oz avocado
- 3 oz spinach
- 4 oz green beans
- 3-4 oz rice cake
- 2 tsp olive oil
Cook green beans or green vegetables (broccoli, for example). Toss in with tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, spinach, and add some olive oil, salt and pepper. You can also add vinegar and fresh herbs to taste. Served best with rice cakes.
- Spinach-Strawberry Salad with Rice Cakes
- 5 oz of spinach
- 6 oz of strawberries
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 oz rice cakes
- ½ oz of pecans
Gather up some spinach, strawberries and nuts with olive oil. Add some salt and pepper, and serve with rice cakes.
- Oatmeal with Fruit and Nuts
- ½ C rolled oats
- ½ C raspberries/ blueberries/ blackberries
- 5 oz walnuts
- 8 oz unsweetened coconut milk*
Cook the oats in 1 cup of water. Add coconut milk, nuts, and berries. If need be, one small apple can be a replacement for the berries – just be careful, because an apple is much more calorie-packed, so it’s a risky replacement.
*The Coconut milk you use should contain only 60 calories per cup.
- Ginger Carrot Soup
- 11 oz of carrots
- 1 oz of onions
- ½ oz of almonds
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 7 oz unsweetened coconut milk*
- 8 oz of vegetable stock or water
- Grated ginger
- Pressed garlic
- Coriander seeds
Quickly fry onions, garlic, ginger, almonds and coriander in olive oil. Add chopped carrots and water with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes, then blend, return it to the pot and swirl with the unsweetened coconut milk.
*Pay attention to the calorie level on the coconut milk packaging. Use low-fat milk with 60 calories per cup.
- Apple- Almond Salad
- 8 oz apple
- 8 oz lettuce
- 5 oz cucumber
- 1 oz almonds
- 1 tsp salad oil
- Vinegar, salt, and pepper
Toss salad with oil and vinegar and add some spices, salt and pepper to taste.
How Often Should You Do the FMD?
It’s necessary to consult your doctor before starting FMD, but here is what different frequencies of dieting can be used for
- Once a month – for overweight patients with risk factors for diabetes, cardiovascular disease, or cancer.
- Once every three months – for those who have a healthy weight, but are at risk for certain cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
- Once every six months for healthy weight patients with an ideal diet plan who engage in plenty of physical activity.
We are a specially trained team of professionals who can help you lose weight and feel confident in your body again. We can offer you weight loss services, unique diet plans, and consultations with doctors. If you need more information, visit our weight loss clinic Chicago– we are here for you.
ABW Daily Deals
View Our Current Deals
Save On A Better Weigh Products And Services Or Purchase A Gift Card.Find Out More