Does glutathione improve your weight loss process?
September 16. 2021
A sedentary lifestyle and aging are one of the major factors that contribute to weight gain. Not being physically active disables your body from burning the calories you take through food (and increases your chances of heart diseases). Aging itself causes numerous processes in your body to slow down – including your metabolism of fats. Nevertheless, it’s also common that people who put their efforts into losing weight find it difficult to succeed because they can’t see the underlying obstacles such as a deficiency in antioxidants, amino acids, certain minerals, etc.
If you switched between diets and forced yourself to follow exhausting workout regimens, you may now be discouraged and looking for ways to lose weight without exercising. Luckily, turning to a professional weight loss clinic can help you determine the cause of your struggles and address any deficiencies in your body.
One of the common weight loss obstacles is an antioxidant deficiency. Antioxidants are essentially a category of substances that neutralize free radicals. You’ve most likely heard a thing or two about free radicals; they are oxidants produced during natural metabolic processes in your body, but they can also come from your body’s exposure to harmful sources such as cigarettes, X-rays, etc. These oxidants can harm your body in numerous ways and even cause certain types of cancer. To prevent their influence, you need to have enough antioxidants in the system. Although your body produces some quantities, they’re typically insufficient, so it’s advisable to either supplement or indulge in antioxidant-rich foods. Numerous antioxidants are essential for your overall well-being, but we’ll focus on one of the most powerful ones here – glutathione. You may be wondering how exactly glutathione affects your weight loss; well, as we mentioned earlier, ensuring your body works at its peak can significantly ease and support your weight loss process. Suppose you have too many free radicals in your system (and not enough glutathione to neutralize them). In that case, you’ll most likely experience frequent inflammation and slowed metabolism that makes it challenging for you to lose any weight. Although glutathione does not influence your weight loss directly, it can boost it in numerous ways.
What is IV glutathione?
For instance, glutathione is a molecule already naturally present in your body. It is made up of three amino acids: glycine, L-cysteine, and L-glutamate. Glutathione is produced in your liver, and it helps your body fight injuries and diseases by facilitating the removal of free radicals from the system. This compound aids the prevention of numerous diseases, including:
- High cholesterol,
- Heart diseases,
- Liver diseases, etc.
Additionally, glutathione helps preserve your memory and slows the aging process. Certain types of food containing glutathione (such as avocados, fresh salads, Greek yogurt, flaxseed, etc.) often act as natural appetite suppressants. Although it can be ingested orally and by consuming certain types of food, it is not as effective as inserted intravenously because the digestion process dissolves the bonds in its molecule before being effectively absorbed. Since the IV therapy bypasses your digestive system, it ensures nearly 100% absorption of this antioxidant.
IV glutathione therapy for weight loss
As mentioned earlier, IV glutathione is not a magic wand that makes you lose weight once you receive it. You should think of it as a powerful tool (such as lipo C injections) that improves your overall well-being and ensures your body works at its peak. Once those conditions are provided, the weight loss itself becomes a much smoother process. Here are a few main benefits IV glutathione can benefit your weight loss:
- It improves insulin resistance. You’ve probably heard about the impact of insulin resistance on high blood sugar levels and even type 2 diabetes. Well, several studies have shown that a glutathione deficiency is connected to insulin resistance.
- It prevents chronic illness. Glutathione deficiency is often a common trait for people with chronic diseases. Having enough of this powerful antioxidant in your system can aid the prevention of numerous chronic diseases and help your body fight oxidative stress.
- It boosts your athletic ability. In case you’re looking to boost your athletic performance, you’ll most likely benefit from IV glutathione therapy. It enhances your endurance and strength while decreasing the chances of an injury.
- It controls inflammation. Free radicals often cause damage and inflammation pretty much wherever they choose to. Sometimes you may not be aware of the inflammation present in your body, but having enough glutathione in your system can prevent them altogether.
- It slows the aging process. This antioxidant does a great job repairing damaged cells throughout your body. Additionally, it encourages mitochondrial growth, and as a result, you’re left with more healthy, younger cells. Such cells can boost your energy levels and strengthen your hair, skin, and nails.
- It supports liver health. Toxins typically build up in your liver and prevent the normal functioning of your body. Glutathione’s role is to hang onto such toxins and support their extraction from the body. This compound is also effective at preventing and treating a condition known as a fatty liver.
A glutathione deficiency can make it difficult for patients to lose weight. However, taking oral glutathione supplements by yourself is not advisable and most likely won’t contribute to your weight loss. Keep in mind that each person is unique, and determining whether or not you have enough glutathione in your system should only be done by an experienced medical physician. Losing weight is often a stressful process, and we know that putting effort into shedding those pounds and not succeeding can be discouraging and unpleasant. That’s why we advise our patients to completely avoid highly restrictive diets that promise instantaneous results. Instead, opting for a professional weight loss program based on your specific case can ensure you reach your weight goal without compromising your health. Additionally, having knowledgeable doctors to support you and supervise your weight loss process can motivate you and keep you going forward. If losing weight has become a challenge for you, feel free to schedule a consultation at our clinic today.
ABW Daily Deals
View Our Current Deals
Save On A Better Weigh Products And Services Or Purchase A Gift Card.Find Out More